Saturday 1 June 2013

What's for dinner? - weekly meal planner part 1.


Image found in Google.


I've been always struggling with cooking and shopping until I started to plan our meals weekly.
My daughter as every 1 year old challenges me every day. I need to be prepared as I'm coping with all housework by myself. I'm cooking all our meals from scratch as well.
My husband is a big meat eater but we agreed for two meat free days in a week. It's more cheap and healthy option for all of us.
I'm trying to plan our meals on Saturday and I order shopping online. I would never think I will make it.
 I've been doing all my shopping by myself for nearly one year with a baby but now it's simply impossible.      I live quite far from the shopping center and it was really time consuming and stressful too. My daughter never sleeps outside which makes things more difficult. She takes also only one 1 hour nap in the morning so I have 1 hour to prepare everything for the day. Shower, breakfast, meal preparing, cleaning, washing. Difficult but possible. I have no other option, though. So here's our dinners for this week.


Monday:
grilled chicken breast, beetroot salad, mash potatoes ( I will only eat chicken and salad). I marinate the meat on Sunday evening so on Monday I only peel potatoes and make salad. Quick :)

Tuesday:
bolognese sauce (mince beef, frozen mixed veg, tomato passatta) and wholewheat pasta

Wednesday:
vegetable, chickpea and prawns curry, rice, salad (some leaves, tomato, cucumber or just what I have at home). No rice for me or I will cook brown rice for everyone.

Thursday:
grilled salmon fillets, roasted veg with couscous. To make roasted veg I used ready pack from Iceland plus what I have at home and mix it with couscous, veg only for me.

Friday:
lentil soup, cooked eggs, baked aubergine salad with bread. I will eat only soup and egg whites.

Saturday:
oven baked chicken tights ( I will bake it in a bag and will prepare it on Friday night ). tzatziki, potatoes. Maybe some salad if I will fancy.

Sunday:
fish curry, rice, steamed veg ( I have always frozen in case ).

That's it.
I'm doing my shopping list just looking at the menu. During the week I'm trying to write what is finished as well.
On everyday basics I'm just buying milk, bread and some fresh fruits and seasonal vegetables. My husband buys meat once a week at halal butcher shop.

I was thinking about if I'm going to write this post as everyone's family routine is different. But maybe someone will find it useful and easy too. It's a low budget meal planner too.


I will be happy with any comment or suggestions.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have a good mixture of different meals :)

    I find it a challenge cooking in my house as my husband and I both like completely different things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it looks like :) I took some time though until we work it out what we both like. That's what marriage is all about.

      Delete