Thursday 13 June 2013

Moroccan style fish.



I got that recipe from one of my favorite cook books - ''Greedy girls diet'' by Nadia Sawalha.
I would highly recommend this book as it contains hearty, honest and almost 100% clean recipes with a Middle East touch, which I love.




I've changed the recipe a little bit to suit my skills ;) Nadia recommends to cook the fish in the oven but I cannot really trust my oven, even when it's fish baking.

It's easy, cheap, quick and delicious. And clean eating approved :)




Ingredients:

white fish fillets (I use pre-packed frozen fish fillets from Asda or Sainsbury's)
olive oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
4 garlic cloves, sliced
2 tbsp ground sweet paprika
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp of Harrissa
1 can of chopped tomatoes
1 red pepper, cut into strips (I use frozen mixed peppers)
zest of 1 unwaxed lemon (I use lemon pepper instead)
 1 can of chick peas (drained) or 1-2 cups of cooked chickpeas
fresh coriander or parsley
black pepper
salt (if used)

Method:

First thing is to defrost the fish (if you use frozen). I used to leave frozen fish in a fridge overnight and use it in a morning - I always cook dinner early in a morning as my daughter got only one nap daily.
Start from frying lightly onion and garlic on a 1 tbsp of olive oil in a big pan. Add spices and Harrissa and stir well until combined. Add pepper, tomatoes and lemon zest. Bring it to boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer for 15 min. Add chick peas and fish. Cover the pan and simmer for about 10 min when fish is cooked.

Serve with brown rice, sprinkled with chopped coriander or parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment